Breathing retraining for cancer and neurodegenerative disease – Scientific research and Pilot Trials
“All chronic pain, suffering, and diseases are caused by a lack of oxygen at the cell level.”
– Dr. Arthur C. Guyton, MD
The Standard Textbook on Medical Physiology
The human body is a complex of 13 different systems – ALL of them tube based and oxygen dependent to one degree or another.
According to the most widely used physiology text book used in medical school world wide lack of oxygen (hypoxia) causes all disease .” All chronic pain, suffering, and diseases are caused by a lack of oxygen at the cell level.” Dr. Arthur C. Guyton, M.D, author The Textbook on Medical Physiology.
In the 1920s Otto Warburg won the two Nobel Prize in Medicine for his research conclusions that cancer is caused by a lack of oxygen to body. His “Warburg Effect” have been reaffirmed by more recent scientific research with links to studies you can find on this page.
Cancer therapies must target the key cause of cancer: low body O2. As a result, successful natural complementary therapies for cancer must be based on (gradual) removal of this cause and restoration of normal oxygen levels in body cells.
To optimise body oxygenation on the deepest cellular level I use some of the most advanced cancer therapies for my clients:
– the Buteyko method,
– the Frolov breathing device,
– the DIY breathing device.
My teacher and mentor Artour Rakhimov wrote several books about using optimisation of oxygenation on cell level. One of them is about using these advanced techniques for cancer therapy:
- Doctors Who Cure Cancer (Diseases and Physical Ailments: Cancer – Medical Oncology Book 1).
- This book is very inspiring by giving holistic view on human health – together with concrete measures in conquering cancer with natural means – powers of bringing the human body into homeostasis. To most people cell hypoxia is not everyday words and Artour Rakhimov makes the connection so obvious. Cell hypoxia immediately generates a cascade of abnormal effects causing cells to go into anaerobic respiration. Anaerobic respiration in cells elevates levels of lactic acid in blood, causing increased production of free radicals, promoting existing chronic inflammation, suppressing the immune system – and eventually leading to cancer because of Warburg Effect.
- Breakthrough in Breast Cancer Research and Treatment – Trial showing 5 Times Reduction in Mortality for Metastatic Cancer. Each and every study that measured breathing in patients with cancer (with dyspnea and without dyspnea) found that these subjects have heavy and fast breathing patterns. To be more specific, it has been proven that people with cancer breathe about 2-3 times faster (than the norm) and take more air per each breath with low CO2 in exhaled air.
Here is the link to the english translation of the original study in russian made by Dr.Rakhimov:
STUDY OF APPLICATION OF THE SHALLOW BREATHING METHOD IN A COMBINED TREATMENT OF BREAST CANCER.
- The Buteyko method is one of the medical techniques that increases body O2. It has excellent techniques related to lifestyle changes, but Buteyko exercises are not easy to learn without a Buteyko breathing teacher. Furthermore, the Frolov device produces even better and faster results in relation to the body oxygen test to treat cancer. This technique is even more popular in Russia these days. Smart treatment of cancer, including brain cancer, breast cancer, lung cancer should be based on removal of the cancer chief cause. As a next step to cure cancer, you can study all medical evidence related to treatment of cancer used by Russian and Ukrainian MDs.
- Sleep disorder already linked to obesity and diabetes can double risk of fatal cancer. A big part of my work with cancer clients is about normalising the sleep. Sleep disorders and cancer are interconnected by modern scientific research. Optimisation of the sleep can help to reverse cancer.
Modern research about Warburg Effect for cancer therapy:
- Metabolic alterations in cancer cells and therapeutic implications.
- An increase in aerobic glycolysis, first reported by Otto Warburg more than 80 years ago, represents the most prominent metabolic alteration observed in cancer cells. For cancer cells that are highly dependent on glycolysis, inhibiting glycolysis seems to be a logical therapeutic strategy. By eliminating strong hyperventilation normally present at cancer clients we can optimise the cell oxygenation and reverse the cancer.
- Altered energy metabolism in cancer – A unique opportunity for therapeutic intervention.
- High throughput glutamine uptake feeds cancer cell growth and proliferation. By reducing hyperventilation we can restrict the role glutamine in cancer proliferation. By optimising respiration and cell oxygenation we can reverse the cancer.
- Autophagy, Warburg, and Warburg Reverse Effects in Human Cancer.
- Autophagy is a highly regulated-cell pathway for degrading long-lived proteins as well as for clearing cytoplasmic organelles. Autophagy is a key contributor to cellular homeostasis and metabolism. Warburg hypothesized that cancer growth is frequently associated with a deviation of a set of energy generation mechanisms to a nonoxidative breakdown of glucose. This cellular phenomenon seems to rely on a respiratory impairment, linked to mitochondrial dysfunction. This mitochondrial dysfunction results in a switch to anaerobic glycolysis. By optimising respiration and cell oxygenation we can reverse the cancer.
- Hyperbaric oxygen therapy and cancer.
- Hypoxia is a critical hallmark of solid tumors and involves enhanced cell survival, angiogenesis, glycolytic metabolism, and metastasis. Hyperbaric oxygen (HBO) treatment has for centuries been used to improve or cure disorders involving hypoxia and ischemia, by enhancing the amount of dissolved oxygen in the plasma and thereby increasing O2 delivery to the tissue. By using Buteyko method we get the same improved tissue oxygenation – but stronger yet, because Buteyko method changes automatic breathing patterns 24/7. Thus ensuring long-lasting results.
- Capillary pericytes regulate cerebral blood flow in health and disease.
- New research shows that CO2 and NO not only regulate the dilation of arteries and arterioles – but also of the smallest capillaries by means of pericyte cells that regulate cerebral blood flow. It means that breathing retraining optimizes oxygenation of the brain by initiating the blood-flow increase.
- New aspects of Warburg effect in cancer cell biology
- Altered cellular metabolism is a defining feature of cancer. The best studied metabolic phenotype of cancer is aerobic glycloysis – also known as the Warburg effect – characterized by increased metabolism of glucose to lactate in the presence of sufficient oxygen. Interest in the Warburg effect has escalated in recent years due to the growing evidence that mutations in oncogenes and tumor suppressor genes directly impact metabolism. The goals of this review are to provide an organized snapshot of the current understanding of regulatory mechanisms important for Warburg effect and its role in tumor biology. Since several reviews have covered aspects of this topic in recent years, we focus on newest contributions to the field and reference other reviews where appropriate.