We use Sakharoff Protocol
to change the brain cell environment and stop tumor growth
- Instead of only fighting the symptoms with targeted therapies
Diagnosed with DIPG?
Your son, your daughter or yourself are diagnosed with DIPG, the most aggressive brain tumor that interferes with all bodily functions and leads to a very fast decline, slowly depriving a person of the ability to move, to communicate, and even to eat and drink.
It's a terrible situation that pushes you up a blind alley. It's even harder in a situation where the conventional medicine apparently does not offer options.
But there is an option. Please read on carefully.
Is BEAT DIPG Bootcamp for you?
BEAT DIPG Intensive Bootcamp is for you if your son, your daughter or yourself are newly diagnosed with a high-grade brain tumor as DIPG or GBM and can say YES to one or more of the following criteria:
Join Our Weekly BEAT DIPG
In this webinar I will answer your personal questions and share some of the techniques that you can use right away to make the brain cell environment uninhabitable for cancer cells. These techniques will form a core of the BEAT DIPG Intensive Bootcamp starting in October 2018.
It's important that you become familiar with the idea of the non-pharmacological metabolic approach - before you join this webinar. That's why I wrote a little book about metabolic approach to DIPG and GBM. I would like to give this book away to you for free - both as eBook and audioBook for your convenience.
It will take you about 90 minutes to read or listen.
Please take your time to read or listen the book - BEFORE you join the webinar.
In this book I will answer the following questions:
... as well as many other questions.
I look forward to inspire you and answer your questions!
Katrine Flindt MD
Medical Director of IOM Clinic, a functional medical clinic in Denmark
The aggressive brain tumors are considered almost impossible to cure. Very few patients survive. Even the best neurosurgeons and oncological teams have low survival rates. The Sakharoff Protocol is an attempt to change the paradigm. Misha Sakharoff and his team introduce a whole new range of interventions, that have never been used in such a comprehensive setting - and which are simultaneously totally non-toxic.
I see Sakharoff Protocol as the first attempt to integrate interdependencies of cellular and mitochondrial metabolism with lifestyle, behaviour and training routines. The fact that this bootcamp provides its participants with daily practical assistance through 26 weeks gives hope that it will be possible to actually stop and reverse proliferation of the agressive high-grade tumors like GBM and DIPG. I will follow this bootcamp closely.
Why You Need to Act Now
It is crucial to understand that there are only two short periods of time that open up for the opportunity to stop proliferation of the tumorous cells:
1. Shortly after the diagnosis and before the course of radiation
2. Shortly after the completion of the initial course of radiation
Why? Because these two short periods give the diagnosed person the best chance to endure the course of intensive structured training and lifestyle change. Both situations represent a window of opportunity.
I call it the window of opportunity because I know that when we cross the line of the later stages of tumour proliferation it will be too late. At this stage the severe side effects of anti-inflammatory steroid and other medications prescribed as supportive or palliative treatment will reduce the quality of life in such extent that - it will rule out the ability to endure intensive structured training .
Crossing the line of the later stages of tumour proliferation is called point of no return because the quickly degrading physical ability (musculoskeletal, organ function) as well as attention, awareness will eliminate all chances of active daily effort. I'm talking about 3 prerequisites of success related to the window of opportunity and ability to endure a structured daily effort:
Sakharoff Protocol is engineered to utilize this window of opportunity with maximum efficacy.
We strongly prioritize starting with the changes that are most crucial and promote maximum effectiveness already during week 1 of our BEAT DIPG Intensive Bootcamp.
In this way we can help you to start establishing a strong and lasting process of healing - right away. This can be done through prioritizing enhancement of the body's energy supply and utilization - through coordinated effort on the fields of: optimization of breathing, nutrition, physical training, and lifestyle intervention.
Join Our Weekly BEAT DIPG
Is There An Alternative?
DIPG survival rates are the shortest of all brain tumors, inclusive GBM (Glioblastoma Multiforme):
Clinical trials of targeted therapies have not brought any survival benefits to DIPG patients yet [1,37]. As you might already know, their life prolonging effect is three months in average, despite of lots of scientific trials [37,38].
DIPG is incurable by conventional targeted approaches because:
Personal message for you
Can one human being be a telecom engineer, a project manager, a jazz musician, a breathing therapist - at the same time? For me the answer is yes – with the addition of love and excitement.
Thus I am hardly really surprised that I recently found myself working as a practical health trainer and at the same time writing my first scientific paper on integrative health for the medical publisher Elsevier while at the same time teaching doctors and other health professionals in my own certification program, The Sakharoff Protocol.
What has driven me all the way is a deep belief in balance - all things in nature, society and technology are interdependent. Imbalances can be solved when we detect the point of failure.
I have also been driven by a deep longing after purpose, and today I can say that not only did I find my purpose. It also found me. And we are working overtime together to bring a new health paradigm into the world.
In my work with Alzheimer's patients and Glioblastoma patients I have found a striking common cause. In both cases it seems that the human environment and behaviour can cause different problems in the brain environment for the 2 different groups of brain cells.
In one case, when the human environment is suboptimal, it can make the neurons degenerate and die. Then the neurodegenerative disease is triggered - one of which is Alzheimer's disease.
In another case, when the human environment is suboptimal it can make helper cells (glia) become cancerous and form cancerous tumors as Glioblastoma or DIPG.
In both cases the causes are the same - human environment and lifestyle. The only difference is in the personal genetic setup of the two people, that will trigger uninhibited cell division for one case - or cell degeneration and death in another case.
The difference lies in the different degree of metabolic flexibility of the two groups of brain cells. The neurons are very simple and inflexible cells. The helper cells (glia) have more sophisticated and flexible structure and function.
When your genetic setup includes some compromised gene pairs that mostly affect brain neurons - they are forced to change. Being simple and inflexible they can only degenerate and die. Then you are most probable to develop Alzheimer's.
When your genetic setup includes some compromised gene pairs that mostly affect glia cells - they are forced to change. Being more sophisticated and flexible in structure and function they can mutate to survive. Then you are most probable to develop a brain tumor.
These and other severe conditions caused by human environment and behaviour - also share another similarity. When targeted with medicine, surgery or radiation, the causes are left untouched to eventually produce new symptoms in the future.
The metabolic approach is a slow process, but it does the job changing the human environment and behaviour - thus improving the environment for the cells and the whole body. If and when you comply and stick to the strict regimen, compliance heals. If not – passivity can be and very often is mortal.
Working with such deadly diagnoses can be an ordeal. In my work I have had both wins and losses. A close friend first won, and then lost, his battle with GBM. And I witnessed a young girl diagnosed with DIPG having the last few months of her life darkened by a whole array of medical errors.
Luckily I have also seen many clients recover from diseases regarded by conventional medicine as incurable and reach a state of what they claimed was better health than ever before.
These life lessons learned from experience have helped me formulate the following:
Join Our Weekly BEAT DIPG
About Sakharoff Integrative Health
- To empower people through integrative approach to rediscover the natural healing powers of their body, so they can take back responsibility for their health.
- To move from sick-care to health-care and towards non-invasive metabolic therapies – instead of constantly finding new genetic pathways to promote the current business model based on creation of new highly invasive chemical drugs.
- To bring forth a paradigm shift towards education instead of medication.
- To move back to the old model of medicine. Here, doctors were rewarded for their success in keeping their patients healthy - instead of being paid for trying to heal them when they got sick.
- Sakharoff Integrative Health protocol is a NPMA - Non-Pharmacological Metabolic Approach. As such it does no harm in the medical sense, it does not use any medical substances and basically doesn’t require any special equipment. We don’t sell neither the substances or the equipment. We only provide education and training to optimize the body functions essential for health and resilience. We also provide daily assistance to our clients to ensure 100% compliance regarding their activity and measurement regimens.
- Sakharoff Protocol promotes not either-or, but both-and. It means that the idea of integrative health has to be promoted. We connect the dots - not only nutrition, not only breathing, not only movement but all of that combined in one process.
- Sakharoff Protocol is in many ways complementary to the work of doctors that are openminded. Our common understanding is that the source of chronic diseases is metabolic dysfunction triggered by wrong lifestyle, through expression of a person's unique DNA.
- Sakharoff Protocol uses scientific research studies as the foundation for its core teachings and exercises.
- Sakharoff Protocol looks at triggers and causes of the disease - not only the symptoms. The protocol promotes understanding of lifestyle disease as syndrome with metabolic disfunction - multi-factorial condition with a bouquet of symptoms. Eg. people with Alzheimer’s most often than not get both diabetes and cardiovascular disease and other symptoms of metabolic dysfunction.
- Sakharoff Integrative Health work on two levels of interest. Firstly, helping individual person taking responsibility for his/her own health. Secondly, with the whole society, facilitating the paradigm shift from the practice of conventional allotropic medicine towards the idea of integrative metabolic health.
References - Scientific Studies
- DIPG Facts, Michael Mosier Foundation:
- Integrated Molecular Meta-Analysis of 1,000 Pediatric High-Grade and Diffuse Intrinsic Pontine Glioma:
- Ian F. Tannock, M.D., Ph.D., and John A. Hickman, D.Sc., Limits to Personalized Cancer Medicine:
- Altered energy metabolism in cancer – A unique opportunity for therapeutic intervention:
- Cancer as a metabolic disease: implications for novel therapeutics:
- T.N. Seyfried, Cancer as a metabolic disease: on the origin, management, and prevention of cancer, John Wiley & Sons, Inc, A. Hoboken, NJ, 2012. ISBN: 978-0470584927, ISBN:
- Metabolic alterations in cancer cells and therapeutic implications: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4013402/
- T. Ferriss, Tools of Titans, Boston, Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company, 2016. Interview with Dominic D'Agostino.
- Z. Clemens, C. Toth, TREATMENT OF HIGH-GRADE BRAIN TUMOR USING THE PALEOLITHIC KETOGENIC DIET (PKD): THREE CASES:
- M.J. Bissell, H.G. Hall, G. Parry, Dynamic reciproity: How does the extracellular matrix direct gene expression?, J Theor Biol 99 (1982) 31–68:
- Normalbreathing.com. All clinical trials of the Buteyko method: http://www.normalbreathing.com/practice-trials.php
- M. Sakharoff, The Taste of Victory – Beating Cancer Natural Way:
- M. Sakharoff, Learning points from the remission of Glioblastoma Multiforme brain tumor:
- State of affairs in use of steroids in DIPG: an international survey and a review of the literature:
- Small molecule epigenetic screen identifies novel EZH2 and HDAC inhibitors that target glioblastoma brain tumor-initiating cells:
- Potential New Therapies for Pediatric Diffuse Intrinsic Pontine Glioma:
- Combination of EZH2 inhibitor and BET inhibitor for treatment of diffuse intrinsic pontine glioma:
- Gang Wu et al, Somatic histone H3 alterations in pediatric diffuse intrinsic pontine gliomas and non-brainstem glioblastomas:
- C.A. Godman, et al., Hyperbaric oxygen treatment induces antioxidant gene expression, Ann N Y Acad Sci 1197 (2010) 178–183:
- T. Shimazu et al, Suppression of Oxidative Stress by Beta-Hydroxybutyrate, an Endogenous Histone Deacetylase Inhibitor:
- Mithu Storoni and Gordon T. Plant, The Therapeutic Potential of the Ketogenic Diet in Treating Progressive Multiple Sclerosis:
- F. Karami, P. Mehdipour, Cancer Genetics and Psychotherapy:
- M.A. Makary, M. Daniel, Medical error—the third leading cause of death in the US, BMJ 353 (2016) i2139:
- B.T. Seyfried, M. Kiebish, J. Marsh, P. Mukherjee, Targeting energy metabolism in brain cancer through calorie restriction and the ketogenic diet, J Cancer Res Ther 5 (Suppl 1) (2009) S7–S15:
- A. Poff et al, Targeting the Warburg effect for cancer treatment: Ketogenic diets for management of glioma:
- D.E. Bredesen, Reversal of cognitive decline: a novel therapeutic program, Aging (Albany, NY) 6 (2014) 707–717:
- Bissell, M.J. and Radisky, D. (2001) Putting Tumours in Context. Nature Review Cancer, 1, 46-54.
- R. Maurer, One small step can change your life, Workman Publishing., New York, NY, 2004
- Fasting – Molecular Mechanisms and Clinical Applications:https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3946160/
- Joshua J Meidenbauer, Purna Mukherjee and Thomas N Seyfried, The glucose ketone index calculator: a simple tool to monitor therapeutic efficacy for metabolic management of brain cancer:
- S.N. Paschenko, Study of application of the reduced breathing method in a combined treatment of breast cancer, Oncology (Kiev, Ukraine) 3 (1:) (2001) 77–78.
- C. Borgnakke, R. Sonntag, The second law of thermodynamics, Fundamentals of thermodynamics,, 8th ed., Wiley Publishers, Hoboken, New
- B.S. Oken, I. Chamine, W. Wakeland, A systems approach to stress, stressors and resilience in humans, Behav Brain Res 282 (2015) 144–154
- P. Sterling, J. Eyer, Allostasis: a new paradigm to explain arousal pathology, in: S. Fisher, J. Reason (Eds.), Handbook of life stress, cognition,
and health, John Wiley & Sons, Chichester, UK, 1988, pp. 629–649, 1988.
- M. Abedin, N. King, Diverse evolutionary paths to cell adhesion, Trends Cell Biol 20 (12) (2010) 734–742. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.tcb.2010.08.002
- J. Backer, J. Dice, Covalent linkage of ribonuclease S-peptide to microinjected proteins causes their intracellular degradation to be enhanced by serum withdrawal, Proc Nat Acad Sci USA 83 (1986) 5830–5834.
- M.H.A. Jansen et al, Diffuse intrinsic pontine gliomas: A systematic update on clinical trials and biology:
- B. Benitez, Brainstem Tumours in Children:
Copyright 2018, Sakharoff.com - Disclaimer